Ivydale Road in Southwark Wins Best Small Development Award
Family Mosaic’s development of traditionally-styled terrace houses on Ivydale Road, Nunhead, has been selected by Inside Housing as one of their ‘Top 50 UK Affordable Developments’ for 2014.
The development is a collection of 14 mixed-tenure homes, comprising 3- and 4-bed houses and two 1-bed apartments. The new homes at Ivydale Road excel with spacious layouts and large gardens – a rarity in this highly sought-after area.
Ivydale Road is designed in keeping with the architecture of the neighbouring buildings and surrounding street pattern, but the provision of passive energy-efficiency measures and other environmental issues also became an integral part of the design.
In choosing Ivydale as one of the year’s top 50 developments, the judges considered the following criteria:
- Funding - how the scheme was funded
- Land - how land was provided/obtained
- Planning - the planning process and how communities were involved and influenced it
- Sustainability - the scheme’s eco-credentials
- Design - what design and space standards were achieved
- Employment - how the scheme utilised local tradespeople in the construction process
- Testimonials - the views of residents living in the homes
The homes proved just as popular with buyers as they were with the judges. When the Private Sale homes were launched in July 2013, all five properties available were reserved and under offer on the first day of viewing. Shared Ownership followed, launching in August, with the same result.
You can see a list of awards won by Family Mosaic Sales on our About Us page.